Cancer Stem Cells: Impact on Treatment - 2018
The first conference was organized in 2016
Researchers from 18 countries attended
Round tables are added in 2018
- Krumers Alpin Resort & Spa Seefeld in Tirol Austria
- December 11 - 15, 2018
- Date range
- From 413 USD
Second Conference Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs): Impact on Treatment - 2018 will be devoted to the problem of primary and acquired therapy resistance associated with disease progression and poor clinical outcome in cancer patients. It is planned that pre-clinical and clinical sessions will be included into the program of the conference. The leading basic researchers and clinicians will be invited to provide educational lectures and to serve as chairs of the Symposium Sessions.
This Conference will highlight
- signaling pathways contributing to the treatment resistance and disease progression;
- role of CSCs in the treatment failure;
- molecular mechanisms associated with CSC aggressiveness and increased metastatic potential;
- CSC metabolism;
- circadian rhythms in CSCs and metronomic chemotherapy;
- crosstalk between CSCs and microenvironmental factors (tumor stroma, immune system);
- biological, biochemical, pathological methods allowing CSC identification within the malignant tumors;
- development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets to predict and overcome therapy resistance associated with CSC activities;
- novel therapeutic approaches to combat locally advanced, metastatic or relapsed malignant diseases;
- chemical agents against CSCs;
- translational oncology: how to make bridge between basic researchers and clinicians;
- clinical trials based on pre-clinical findings
Reviews from 2016
This conference was definitely worth attending. Extremely well organized and a wonderful mix of great scientists and topics. The venue was fabulous!
Excellently organized conference! Beautiful location and very good research presentations. I can only suggest to attend this conference in Austria.
This is the first time I attend the Cancer Stem Cell Conference organized by Dr. Ira-Ida Skvortsova and ESTRO that took place in Obergurgl, Austria. I must say that this is one of the best CSC conferences I have attended. The meeting venue is beautiful and the conference setup reminds me of Keystone meetings. The presentations and science are excellent with several outstanding talks. The organizers did a fantastic job in arranging all meals for the participants and the food is healthy and delicious. I have organized the international CSC conferences myself and have attended numerous CSC conferences both as the Keynote and a regular presenter and I would rank the Obergurgl meeting among the top. I would strongly encourage scientists who work on CSCs and their clinical impact, in p ... Show more Show less
It was a great meeting in a beautiful location that deserves a larger audience. My only comment is that the balance between overview talks and research talks could be improved.
The meeting has been very well organized, with a lots of interesting and well done talks. The only improvement I can suggest is to shorter the free time in the afternoon, to increase the time for science. It was also very usefull to be together during all the conference days. I can recommend the meeting and I hope I will attend the next one.
I am very happy to evaluate this event. Organization was excellent, weather was very good, meal was also good and healthy. I plan to attend the conference again
Nice location, excellent organization, very interesting presentations and lectures. I'd be happy to participate in the conference again!
Sponsors & Partners 1
In the heart of the Tyrol, and consequently in the heart of the Alps, the Medical University of Innsbruck provides the best conditions for successful research, Go to event website »
Tesla at the best rated startup conference!
Startup Grind Global conference 2018 rated 9.32/10 coming soon! Meet with Tesla, Zapier, Fitbit, Recode...